Strengthen And Improve Your Immunity Naturally
You may be wondering how to help your body fight off illness and to boost your immune health
While improving your immune health is easier said than done, You can make several dietary and lifestyle changes that may have strengthened your body’s natural defense mechanism and help you to fight harmful pathogens and other disease-causing organisms.
Here are some tips to strengthen and improve your immunity naturally.
Tips To Strengthen And Improve Your Immunity Naturally.
- Get undisturbed sleep
- Sleep and the immune system are closely related.
- It is a fact that inadequate or poor quality sleep is linked to have a higher susceptibility to sickness.
- There was a study conducted in 164 healthy adults, adults who slept fewer than 6 hours each night were more likely to catch a cold and flu than those who slept more than 6 hours each night.
- If you get adequate amounts of rest it may strengthen your natural immunity. You can also notice that when you are sick you may sleep more to allow your immune system to better fight off the illness.
- Elder Adults should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night, while teenagers should aim for 8–10 hours and young children and infants should sleep up to 14 hours.
- When you are having trouble sleeping, try limiting your screen time at least for an hour before bed, because the blue light emitted from your mobile, TV, and laptop may disrupt your circadian rhythm or may disrupt the natural wake-sleep cycle of your body.
- You can also follow certain sleep hygiene tips which include
- sleeping in a completely dark room and
- using a sleep mask while sleeping,
- Fix a sleeping schedule and go to bed at the same time.
- exercise regularly.
Eat More Plant-Based Food
Include Whole plant-based foods in your diet which include fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and legumes because they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that help to fight against the free radicals and may give you an upper hand against harmful pathogens.
The antioxidants present in these foods help to decrease inflammation by combating free radical damage. Because free radicals can cause inflammation when they build up increases in your body and it levels up high.
Chronic inflammation in the body can cause numerous health conditions which include heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and certain cancers.
The fibre present in your plant-based foods feeds your gut microbiome or the healthy bacteria in your gut. The microbiome present in your gut improves your immunity and helps to keep harmful pathogens from entering your digestive tract and entering your body.
The fruits and vegetables which are rich in nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin C may reduce the duration of the cold and flu-like symptoms.
Include Healthy Fats
- Healthy fats which are found in olive oil and salmon may help to boost your body’s immunity and increase your immune response to pathogens by decreasing inflammation in the body.
- There is also low-level inflammation which happens when there is a stress or injury. Chronic inflammation can decrease your immune function.
- Olive oil is highly anti-inflammatory and is linked to a decrease in the risk of chronic conditions like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help to fight off harmful disease-causing bacteria and viruses.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial to, fight inflammation which found in salmon and chia seeds
Do Moderate Exercise Regularly
- They are studies which suggest that prolonged intense exercise can suppress your immune system while moderate exercise can boost your immunity.
- Regular, moderate exercise may help to reduce inflammation and help to regenerate your immune cells regularly.
- Moderate exercise examples include brisk walking, jogging, steady bicycling, swimming, and hiking as well. Every day you should aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise on an average per week.
Supplement Based On Needs
The following are the supplements which may strengthen your body’s general immune response:
- Vitamin C -vitamin C per day reduced the duration of colds by 8% in adults and 14% in children.
- Zinc:- 75mg of zinc per day decreases the risk of colds and infections.
They are many other natural herbs and supplements which can boost your immune system.