Ah is it that time of the month? Where you’d love to take an off and just sleep off whole day. With all those mood swings, menstrual pains are so irritating. During those four days I ask god –
Argh why am I even born as a girl?
Is it necessary to bear all this pain? My uterine muscles are contracting and its nature’s way of telling – “Congratulations! You’re not pregnant!” Weird isn’t it? Well in fact most women complain about menstrual cramps and the intensity could range from mild to severe. Did you know there are several home therapies which could help you relieve your stress and pain during menstruation?
In this article I shall list down few home remedies which will help you face and ease your menstrual cramps.
Remedy #1: Healthy Diet:
- Include a variety of food items in your diet ranging from fish to eggs to fruits and all sorts of vegetables which will give your body the necessary nutrients and thus help in warding off the pain.
- Try including fish oil supplements and Vitamin B in your diet to significantly reduce pain caused during menstruation.
Remedy #2: Exercise:
- To ease your belly pain, try going for some brisk walk or any sort of light aerobic exercise.
- This will release some endorphins in the body and thus help in reducing cramps.
- Exercising on a regular basis has also proven to improve your overall health and helps you during your periods.
Remedy #3: Apply some Heat
- Heat helps to relax your muscles when you’re in pain.
- You can use a warm heating bag or even go for a water bottle which has hot water in it and place it over your abdomen to relieve you of the pain.
Remedy #4: Tea to the Rescue
Tea has pain relieving properties.
- Chamomile tea specially has known to increase hippurate which has got anti-inflammatory properties.
- This helps to reduce prostaglandin production, thus relieving menstrual cramps.
- Start drinking tea a week before your “date”.
Remedy #5: Ensure that you have enough Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is very essential to help one relieve of menstrual pain.
- One can harvest enough vitamin D from sunshine (early morning sunlight is preferred). Women who have enough vitamin D have known to have less menstrual pain.
- You can also get Vitamin D from other extra supplements.
Remedy #6: Sex and Orgasms to Relieve you
- Orgasms relieve all sorts of pain including menstrual pain.
- The uterus is more relaxed before an orgasm, and after an orgasm blood flow increases which helps in reducing the menstrual pain.
- Orgasms also help in the release of endorphins which helps one feel instantly better.
- It also relaxes your whole body and induces sleep and you can escape the pain of menstruation.
Remedy #7: Acupuncture
- This is a part of the old traditional Chinese medicine where we stick in small needles to simulate and apply pressure to the body at certain points.
- Acupuncture at the right points has known to reduce menstrual cramps and relax you.
- Don’t try this at home! Please visit people who are specialized in this.
Remedy #8: Massage with Essential Oils
- Try relaxing and ask your spouse or partner to massage your body and lower abdomen with some essential oil say lavender oil.
- You can also light up some scented candles to make your mood better.
- This is known to make you feel happier, and also soothes your muscles and helps in relieving pain.
That’s it ladies! The next time you’re worried about bearing all that pain down there. Just follow these simple remedies and stay relaxed. Please don’t even think of popping a pain killer because it isn’t necessary and it will have other side effects on your body. With these simple home remedies you can easily get rid of the pain and feel relaxed as ever. Have a great day! You’re beautiful!