Health Benefits of Including Chilli in your Diet
One does not simply ask a pani puri vendor to make it extra spicy. We love it!
Though our eyes turn red, tongue will be on fire, and there will be smoke coming out our ears we still enjoy having spicy hot food. We all love a little spice every now and then. It thrills our taste buds and makes our food more palatable.
Apart from the fun of eating spicy hot food on a cold rainy night, there are many health benefits too of tucking into that food that’s gonna make you cry and crave for water.
You can find different categories of chillies but green chilies are the healthiest alternatives. Along with providing you with good taste, this brings number of health benefits.
Here you go:
Benefit #1: Lose Weight Naturally
- Research says that chillies contain capsaicin, which gives a thermogenic effect on your body and thus enables a person to burn more calories after you’ve had your meal.
- So you could go ahead and include one green chilli in your diet to ensure you lose that extra flab.
- Anti-cellulite creams use chilli oil and it is proven to be very effective to remove unwanted cellulite from your body.
- Chilli oil can be prepared easily at home, choose a base oil maybe olive oil and add a couple of chopped dry chillies. Store it in a cool dry place for about 2 weeks and then start using it.
Benefit #2: Wards off Cancer
- Research says that the complex compound present in chillies – capsaicin has the ability to kill cancerous cells – lung and pancreatic cancerous cells without damaging the surrounding cells.
- It also helps you to battle common cold and prevent illness.
- It also helps in preventing prostate cancer which can hit men in the age group of 45-50.
Benefit #3: Reduce Cardiovascular Risk
Chillies are known to reduce your risk of getting a heart stroke attack. Chillies ensure you have a better heart
- health by reducing the bad cholesterol in your body.
- Capsaicin found in chilli also fights inflammation which is a major factor for heart problem.
- Chillies are high in nutrients like Vitamin A, C and calcium.
Benefit #4: Makes you Feel Good
- Chillies have the ability to reduce and lower your blood pressure. It also relaxes your blood vessels.
- Spicy food also boosts the production of the feel good hormones (serotonin) in your body, thus help you fight depression.
- It also acts as an aphrodisiacs food i.e it improves your sex life.
- Also this vegetable has no calories at all so you can go ahead and consume it.
- Green chillies release endorphins in the brain which reduces stress.
Benefit #5: Protects your Gastrointestinal Lining
- We all might have heard our moms say that spicy food on a regular basis will call ulcers and other stomach ailments.
- But research says that hot chilli peppers actually protect the lining of your stomach and also prevents damage that maybe caused to the gastro intestinal region due to the usage of anti-inflammatory pain killers.
- It helps in fighting diabetes and also boosts metabolism.
- It also reduces the risk of tumors.
Benefit #6: Cure for Diabetics
- A research done in UK has proven that regularly eating hot chillies reduces diabetics need for insulin requirements thus helping in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- Even doctors suggest that you must include chilli in your diet to ensure your sugar levels stay balanced.
Benefit #7: Reverse Skin Aging
- Chilli peppers help you fight skin aging.
- UV rays from sun cause skin aging and skin tanning, Chilli peppers have capsaicin which prevents skin aging.
- It prevents wrinkles and vitamin C found in chilli helps in maintaining bone and dental health
Benefit #8: Reduces Inflammation
- Inflammatory diseases can cause red flaky skin with white scale, this could possibly be psoriasis.
- Capsaicin works to inhibit substance P which is a neurotransmitter which has been linked to causing inflammation in the body.
- Including chilli pepper in your food is a very good choice if you suffer from arthritis or psoriasis or any kind of inflammation.