8 Things you Didn’t know about Removing your Makeup
8 ways to remove make up naturally.Ditch those chemicals and go for these 8 natural ways of removing make up.
I spend hours together in front of the mirror trying to perfect my winged eyeliner. Mom sees this often and she asks me – “Who are you getting pretty for?”
Of course, we want to look good and feel good and conquer the world. And then I have to rush to my office because I get late, I believe that it’s okay to arrive late than to arrive ugly. Goddamn the office hours, the pollution, the dust and the grime. I don’t appear the same when I come back home. I appear like a muddy panda with all the distorted make up all over my face, alas! Now I’m going to have quite a tough time trying to remove the makeup off my skin.
Let me grab a handkerchief, try and scrub off the makeup.
Hmmm, this doesn’t seem to help me much. How about face wash? Argh! Nothing is helping me out. I could watch my mom smiling from a corner and she comes up and says- “Darling don’t struggle so much! I will give some natural ways to remove makeup easily.”
I have thanked her enough for those tips. Let me share it with you right away because it’s going to be handy for the rest of your life!
Tip #1: The Oil Magic
- Jojoba oil.
- Olive oil.
- Baby oil
- Our face is the most sensitive area in our body. We have to ensure we take proper care of it so that the ph levels remain balanced and also it will be moisturized thoroughly.
- Using jojoba oil or olive oil to remove make up will ensure that your skin stays moisturized and also takes care of delicate region like eye region.
- This is an easy way to remove make up specially mascara, eye liner and ensure your skin stays smooth.
Tip #2: Honey Power
- Raw honey.
- Baking soda
- Make a smooth paste using honey and baking soda.
- Add your favorite oil to it and apply it all over your face and neck.
- This will remove all your makeup as well as the dust and grime because it has exfoliating properties.
- It also ensures your skin glows and stays smooth.
Tip #3: Milky Mist
- Milk is a super liquid which does wonders to your skin.
- Royal women have been using milk in their beauty regimen as a natural cleanser.
- Just take few drops of milk in a bowl, add some almond oil to it and cleanse your face with a help of a cotton ball.
- This will remove all the makeup from your face and ensures your skin stays hydrated.
Tip #4: Cucumber Coolant
- Just head up to your refrigerator and grab a cucumber.
- Blend it into a paste and apply it over your face.
- This has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to soothe irritated skin and pimple prone skin.
- You could also add some milk or olive oil to this paste if you have dry skin.
Tip #5: Yogurt to the Rescue!
- Just take a bowl of yogurt.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and cleanse your face using it.
- This acts as a coolant and relives your skin from sun burns, wash it off using cold water soon afterwards.
Tip #6: Baby Products
- Baby lotion can be used to cleanse your face and remove tough make up. This process is similar to using milk to cleanse your face.
- Dab some lotion onto your cotton ball and go ahead and massage your face with it to remove the makeup.
- Wash your face with cool water soon afterwards.
- This method ensures that your face will stay moisturized, soft and supple.
- You can also use baby wipes, to clean off your make up easily. This is a very easy and not so messy way to remove make up easily.
Tip #7: Vaseline
- Vaseline also called as petroleum jelly can be used to remove eye makeup.
- However be cautious while using this method, you can use this technique to remove eye makeup, mascara. Make sure to wash your face afterwards.
Tip #8: Chap Stick Trick
- Wondering how you can use a chap stick to remove makeup?
- It’s quite simple: just swipe it under your eyes and rub it off with a cotton ball.
- Wash your face off with cool water.
Tip #9: Steam
- Just boil some hot water, place it in a huge bowl.
- Bend over let that steam over your face.
- This will open your skin pores and it will make it easier for you to remove make up with the help of a mild cleanser.
- Cool your face by washing it off afterwards with cold water.