Ways to Protect your Eyes
Eyes are precious organs of the body and they say a lot about you and your health. Eyes even express your feelings, emotions, etc. So they must be handled with utmost care.
We often see people complaining about dark circles, tiredness, puffiness, itching eyes, etc., especially from software employees and children who spend lot of time on PCs or laptops. So here, let’s see a few such homemade remedies to protect our eyes.
- Tea bags are one of the best sources to treat dark circles. Applying cool tea bags can smoothen or cool your eyes to a great extent and it also leads to reduction of dark circles.
- Cucumber hardly needs any mention when it comes to eye care. Just cut and place the slices of cucumber on your eyes and relax for a while. Cumber – known for its cooling properties will lighten dark circles and keeps us relaxed.
- Additionally, apply cucumber juice to affected areas by dipping cotton balls in the juice and follow this regime on a regular basis to see good results.
- Applying a mixture of almond oil and lime juice on the dark area every night before going to bed will reduce such awful looking circles.
- Sunken eyes make you look dull and take away the glow from your face. So take honey and almond oil in even quantities and apply just before you go to sleep, and wash your eyes the next day. You can see the instant results, once you wash the eyes. Isn’t that awesome?
- Make a paste of almonds soaked in water overnight in water and then add milk to the paste. Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave it for 15-20 min and then wash the eyes slowly. The same mixture can even be used as face pack.
Puffy Eyes, Redness and Itching Eyes:
- These problems can be cured by applying potato mash or slices on eyes for 20 minutes and repeat the process for at least twice a week.
- Dabbing ice cubes on the affected areas will reduce the above problems. So, next time when you open the refrigerator, take the ice cubes and go for it.
- Rose water is another best remedy to cure all eye related problems. Dip cotton balls in rose water and slowly rub across the eyes. Doing so, will rejuvenate your eyes and also puts an end to such issues.
The above mentioned tea bag tip will also come in handy.
Tips for Computer Savvies:
Now-a-days, computer or laptops have become part and parcel of our life. In this era of globalisation – we hardly can imagine ourselves without these electronic goods.
- Don’t stare at computer for long hours and give a break for every 20 minutes.
- Looking at green leaves and plants after staring at computer will relax your eyes. Fixing an anti-glare shield can decrease the effect on your eyes. Splashing water against the eyes gives you an instant relief.
- Try to avoid using laptops during night hours and in dim lights, because they put additional strain on eyes. And, also have enough sleep; at least 8 hours of sleep is necessary.
- Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, will enhance eyesight and keeps them charming and fresh. Carrot contains high amounts of beta-carotene, which in turn gets converted into Vitamin -A (an essential component for good eye sight).
Eyes are very delicate, so following these amazing tips will give you beautiful and sparkling eyes.