Aphrodisiac Foods for Women
We fail to look after our health, we eat poorly and have a very sedentary lifestyle which could lead to a lower sex drive. Many suggest that regular exercise, meditation and having a stress free life could lead to a better sex life. Of course there are medicines which claim to boost your libido but they often bring potential harm along, so the safest bet would be to go all natural when you want to improve your sex life.
Physical intimacy is an important and healthy part of our lives. If the stress you face during the day is causing problems in your relationship then it’s high time you brought a change in your diet and lifestyle. In this article I will list down few natural aphrodisiacs to stimulate your sexual desire.
- Sprinkle some fresh basil over your salad or soup.
- It not only adds good flavor, it also improves your sexual desire by improving blood flow.
- Cinnamon is known to heat your body up and improve your sex life.
- I can also normalize blood sugar and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can sprinkle some of this over your milk or tea.
- This is loaded with zinc and helps in producing testosterone.
- It improves sexual stamina in men.
- You can grind them up and use in your dishes.
- Cardamom is warming and can increase blood flow which probably accounts for its aphrodisiac properties.
- You can use it in your tea or soup to spice up your mood.
- This is crunchy and serves as a flavor base for soups and stews.
- It is also high in essential nutrients necessary for great sex, contains two chemicals — androsterone and adrostenol — which serve as a sexual attractant.
- This celery is also known to make you look more physically attractive.
- Garlic contains allicin, which increases blood flow in your body.
- The result may be improved stamina and sexual energy.
- This is a silky mild fruit which is known to be dated back to ancient Aztec times.
- Avocados are a must include in your diet.
- Almonds are a symbol of fertility.
- The sweet fragrance may also serve as a sexual attractant.
- They are also rich in the essential fats, fiber, and vitamin E.
- Capsaicin found in pepper increases blood flow and heats up your body.
- Along with the internal effects leading to sexual desire, they have temporary external effects that cause the outer appearance of sexual desire, such as flushed skin and swollen lips.
- Sprinkle some pepper on avocados, or add a little over your soups and stir-fries.
- Raw honey is known to support testosterone production.
- You can include this in your tea or breakfast pancakes and feel the difference for yourself.
Carrots contain important nutrients which increase the production of hormones that are necessary to boost your sexual desire.
This is similar to chilli pepper and is known to boost your sexual desire.
You can just grate some ginger over your dishes and feel your nerves get all excited that night.
13. Coconut water:
- This is a metabolism booster that increases blood flow, and thus, may serve as an aphrodisiac.
- Coconut water is also rich in vitamin C.
- Ancient Romans used this peppery, leafy green vegetable as an aphrodisiac.
- It is also known to promote digestion and is a source of vitamins A and C.
- You can add a little arugula to your daily salads.
Rich in citrulline, watermelon increases nitric oxide, opening blood vessels and speeding up circulation, which can increase your arousal and sexual desire.
- We have all discussed the benefits of dark chocolate in another article.
- It contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which stimulates the same hormone your body releases during sex.
- It also sparks dopamine production in the brain.
- Include some dark chocolate in your diet as a part of dessert.
It increases circulation in the genitourinary system, which boosts your sexual desire.
- The scent of this earthy fungus is known to mimic androstenone, which serves as an attractant to the opposite sex.
- If you can’t afford a truffle to shave over your food, then you can try a few mushrooms, instead.
This sweet pod is a nerve stimulant, which can enhance sexual sensation.
- Nutmegs warming properties have known to increase and stimulate your sexual desire.
- Try grating a little fresh nutmeg into your tea.
21. Sea vegetables:
- Sea vegetables are high in vitamins B1 and B2, which aid in production of sex hormones.
- It is also a source of many other nutrients which all have an effect on your metabolism and mood.
22. Red wine:
When taken in moderation red wine is known to relax you and make you feel better.
The spice has warming properties which makes it a great aphrodisiac, sprinkle the powder of this in your dishes and feel the difference for yourself.
The seeds of pomegranates have known to improve genital sensation and thus improve sexual mood.
This one’s for the ladies out there! With a sweet licorice flavor, ancient Greek and Roman civilizations believed aniseed strengthened female sexual arousal.