Apple Cider vinegar is gaining a lot of popularity in the beauty industry. It helps in achieving glass skin like the Korean beauties. Today in this article we will cover ACV skincare tips, Precautions using ACV and some home remedies of apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Care Tips
Make apple cider vinegar face wash by using it as a toner Using apple cider vinegar toner as a face wash is very easy to use and hassle-free. Dab a small amount of apple cider vinegar onto a cotton ball and wipe out your face. Make sure to avoid using on your eyes.
● Start by using it Slowly. Begin by using the wash just once a day and preferably at night so that you don’t have to worry about the smell. Once you are sure that your skin doesn’t react, you can increase the frequency to twice a day.
● Start by using a small amount. When using the toner for the first time, try it first on a small patch of skin to see if it causes any irritation. Wash it off. Once you know that your skin is not reacting adversely, then you can leave it on.
● For hard-to-reach-areas try using a spray bottle instead of cotton balls.
● Play with the mixture. Start by using a diluted mixture of one part water to one part ACV. If your skin becomes irritated, feel free to add more water. If your skin responds well to the toner, you can even reduce the quantity of water. Some people use one part water and two parts of ACV. See what works.
● Don’t leave out the water. Never use undiluted apple cider vinegar to your skin. It is highly acidic and can damage your skin at too high a concentration. Watch the eyes. Keep apple cider vinegar away from the eyes and the area around the eyes. It may cause a very painful burning sensation if you do get it in your eyes. If that happens, you should rinse your eyes with water or eye drops.
● Try Mixing different ingredients. If you like, you can add useful ingredients to your ACV toner, like green tea, aloe vera gel, or witch hazel.
Precautions For Using Apple Cider Vinegar on Skin
● Apple cider vinegar toner is very good for the skin and is also very effective in treating skin problems like acne, pimples and other skin-related ailments. However, follow these precautions before using apple cider vinegar for skincare.
● Use it at night. Some people may find the smell too strong. In fact, one could say that it smells like sweaty socks that have been left under the bed for two weeks. Just like you wouldn’t eat raw onion or garlic before a date, you wouldn’t wear apple cider vinegar on your face before stepping out. If you can’t stand the smell, simply use it at night.
● Watch out for skin irritation. While apple cider vinegar has no side effects on normal skin, but for sensitive skin, it may cause skin irritation. So, If you have extra-sensitive skin, apple cider vinegar might not be suitable for you.
● Watch out for “purging.” In very rare situations, some people may experience purging. If Purging happens then you can consider ACV has opened up blockages, causing your skin to push out impurities. As a result, existing pimples may get more inflamed before getting better.
● Try it out first. Always use it on a small part of the skin, and see how it reacts. Use generously diluted ACV first and get feedback.
● Use sunscreen. Apple cider vinegar can increase your skin’s sensitivity to ultra-violet rays. If you know you will be going out in the sun after applying apple cider vinegar, please use a good sunscreen lotion, so as to avoid any harmful effect of UV rays. In fact, this is another reason why you should use the face wash at night rather than during the day.
Top Home Remedies of ACV
Apple Cider Vinegar and Water:- Take equal quantity of ACV and water apply it using a cotton ball. Then wash off after 15 minutes. You can leave the mixture overnight. For sensitive skin add more water. It keeps acne and pimples at bay and keeps your complexion clear.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda:-
Use 1/3rd ACV and 2/3rd baking soda apply using fingers leave for 20 minutes. Wash off using cold water, pat dry, and moisturise using suitable moisturiser. Use this mask once a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey:-
Mix ACV and honey in equal quantity. Let it dry for some time, then wash off using lukewarm water. It deeply cleanses your pores and also moisturises it.