Looking good every day will be a challenge for women/men. Getting dressed will be an easy task when you know what pieces work best for your shape. The key to looking fab is to make your upper and lower body look in proportion with each other. One cannot change their height but create an illusion of height. Here are the basic style tips to look taller and slimmer.
Tips for women:
- Select the garments which match your skin tone and avoid using contrast colors.
- Stick to smaller prints, avoid bold patterns.
- Wear vertical stripped dresses and make sure any top you wore end at slimmer parts of your body.
- Wear close fitting clothing and avoid over sized bags.
- Use high waisted pants and skirts. Avoid using wide belts.
- Use long necklaces and pendants instead of chokers.
- It is better to wear V neckline tops.
- Wearing heels is an easy way to add height. Heel with two/three inches will be comfortable on a day to day basis.
Tips for men:
- A consistent color theme, especially a dark one, will create an illusion of height.
- Match your shoe color to the color of your pants as well as your belt.
- Wear vertical stripes which add length to your body.
- Wear clothes that are fitted to your body, avoid loose fitting and baggy garments which make you look shorter.
- Make sure that your pant hemline should finish around the laces of your shoes. Avoid pants with turn-up, as this will reduce the length of your legs.
- Wear pants at your natural waist rather than low on your hips.
- Wear a shoe with half inch heel or try heel inserts inside your shoes.
Both for men and women:
- First of all you should be confident about your appearance. Eat healthy and keep yourself fit to attain confidence.
- Posture plays an important role. Always sit and stand, taller and straighter.
- Dress according to your shape and comfort.
- Trim your hair accordingly and avoid long hair. There are many hairstyles that change your look and add height to your frame. Wearing head-to-toe all black is the effective way that works well.