Home remedies for curing cervical pain
Cervical is a very common disease these days due to a fast and stressful life. It is also known as Cervical Spondylosis or neck arthritis. This occurs because of the wear and tear in the cartilages of the cervical spine.
Also apart from this, if there is lot of stress on your neck, incorrect posture, long sitting hours while working, smoking, overweight and genetic factors they cause cervical. There are symptoms like muscle weakness, headaches, a tingling sensation in arms and shoulders. With the help of certain home remedies this can be completely cured.
Let’s take a look at some of the home remedies to cure cervical:
Remedy#1: Neck exercise
Neck exercise helps in curing cervical pain in the neck
Neck exercise helps in giving relief to the neck pain instantly.
- Rotate your head in both clockwise and anti-clockwise direction and nod the neck from one side to another.
- Do this exercise for 10 minutes daily, 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Rotate your arms in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction at regular intervals to get relief from the neck pain.
- Cycling and brisk walking for 30 minutes also helps in curing the neck pain in an effective way
Remedy#2: Epsom salt bath
Taking a bath with Epsom salt is a good remedy to get rid of cervical and neck pain. The magnesium in Epsom salt keeps the pH level in the body maintained which eases the stiffness and pain in the neck.
- Mix little water in 1 or 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt and make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process everyday till you get soothing comfort.
- You can also add 2 cups of Epsom salt to the warm water. Use this water for your regular bath.
- Soak yourself in this water for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat this for 2 to 3 times in a week.
Consuming garlic empty stomach helps in reducing the cervical pain
Garlic is analgesic in nature so its anti-inflammatory properties help in removing pain, swelling and inflammation from the neck.
- Eat 1 or 2 raw garlic buds empty stomach in the morning with water.
- Heat some crushed garlic buds in a pan and add some oil to it. Then let it cool down and massage this oil on the affected area to get relief from the pain in shoulders and neck.
- After the massage wait for 20 minutes and then take a warm bath.
- Repeat this method 2 times in a day daily till you get relief from the neck pain.
Remedy#4: Hot and cold compress
Apply hot and cold compress on the affected area to get rid of the neck pain and stiffness. Hot compress will improve the blood circulation and also relieves the sore muscles whereas cold compress helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation.
- For hot compress, just wrap a hot water bag in a thin towel
- Place it on the affected area for 2 to 3 minutes.
- For cold compress, wrap few ice cubes in a towel.
- After hot compress, apply cold compress for 1 minute on the effective area.
- Repeat this process for 20 minutes.
- You can repeat the process for few days till you get the relief from pain.
Remedy#5: Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds give strength to the bones and cures neck pain
Sesame seeds are rich in calcium, manganese, copper, zinc and phosphorus. This further helps in giving strength to the bones and overall health. Sesame oil is equally effective in reducing the neck pain.
- Take some sesame oil and warm it. Apply this warm oil on the affected area.
- Massage it well for 10 minutes and apply hot compress on the area.
- Repeat this process for 3 to 4 times daily.
- Some lavender oil can also be mixed with warm sesame oil for massaging the neck area.
- This will give instant relief from the neck pain.
Ginger is an effective and commonly used home remedy to cure cervical pain. It helps in improving the blood circulation and reduces pain and inflammation in the neck area.
- Make ginger tea and drink it 4 to 5 times in a day to get relief from neck pain.
- Add honey and sliced ginger to make this tea and drink it.
- Make a powder of dried ginger, celery seeds and cumin seeds. Add some rock salt to it.
- Before going to bed, eat 1 teaspoon of this powder with water.
- Ginger oil can also be used to massage the affected area and get relief from the neck pain.
Remedy#7: Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne Pepper is very effective in curing cervical pain
This is an effective home remedy for curing cervical pain. Cayenne pepper has capsaicin which has anti-inflammatory properties. This helps in reducing pain and inflammation in the neck.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder and mix it with 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil.
Apply this mixture on the affected area and then cover it for few hours.
- Repeat this process daily, till you get relief from the pain.
- Take warm milk with 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder and drink it 2 to 3 times daily in a day to get relief from the pain.
Neem leaves water is very useful in curing cervical pain
Neem has anti-inflammatory and pain suppressing properties as well which helps in alleviating pain and swelling in the neck area due to cervical.
- Take 1 tablespoon of neem powder and make a thick paste. Heat this paste on a boiler for few minutes.
- When the paste is warm, apply it on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process few times daily.
- In another effective remedy, boil some neem leaves and flowers in a cup of water.
- Strain this mixture and let it cool.
- Drink this mixture twice in a day.
- If you have neem oil, then you can also massage the affected area with the neem oil.
Prevent cervical pain with handy home remedies
Mrs. Divya Sharma is an avid writer with a vast experience of almost 15 years in writing career. She did her MA in English from IGNOU along with Diploma course in Journalism from YMCA, New Delhi. She has worked as a Content Manager with Times Of India, Noida for 10 years. Writing is her passion and she tries to give her best every time she writes on any given topic. Writing articles on home remedies is her area of interest and she has gained immense knowledge by writing and researching a lot in this field.