Simple Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dead Skin Cells
Our skin has the quality to replenish and repair itself. The dead cells gives way to the new cells that moves up in the skin from the lower layers which helps in keeping the skin young and radiant.
As we age, this process of skin cycles slows down and dead skin cells starts accumulating on the top layer which brings in wrinkles and makes our skin dull and dark.
Exfoliation helps in leaving your skin healthy and glowing
Cleaning the face with soap alone will not help in getting rid of the dead cells. So the best way is to exfoliate your skin every week to get rid of the dead cells. Let’s take look at best home-made exfoliation products that will leave your skin fresh and glowing.
Oatmeal is a natural scrub which removes dead skin cells
Oatmeal is not only good for health of the body but it is also proved good for the skin. Oatmeal has a grainy texture which makes it a natural exfoliator for all skin types. Oatmeal has saponin which helps in removing dead skin cells from the skin.
- Take 2 tbsp of oatmeal and add 2 tbsp of yogurt into it. Add 1 tbsp of honey to this mixture.
- Mix all of them well and apply this paste on your face.
- Massage well in circular motions with your hands so that dead skin will scrub off.
- Let it remain on your skin for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
- This scrub will bring back glow on your face.
Scrub#2: Orange Peel
Orange peels prove to be a very good scrub and they bring radiance on the face if used regularly. It has anti-oxidant and vitamin C which helps in rejuvenating the skin and it appears young.
- Mix 1 tbsp of orange peel powder and yogurt to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck area.
- Let it stay there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, scrub it gently on your face and wash off with plain water.
- Repeat this once every week.
Coffee grounds act as an exfoliator and produces new skin cells
Regular coffee grounds acts as a good exfoliator as it takes away all the dead skin cells and helps in producing new skin cells.
- Mix 3 tbsp of coffee grounds, 1 tbsn of extra virgin oil or almond oil and 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Make a paste and massage this paste gently on your face in circular motions.
- Let this paste sit on your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Use this mixture once in a week to get a glowing skin.
Almonds are rich in vitamin A and E and they have healthy fats that are good for the nourishment of your skin.
- Take 10 almonds and soak them overnight in the milk.
- Next morning, peel off their skin and grind them into a granular paste.
- Mix 2 tbsp of honey to the paste of almonds
- Apply this paste on your face and neck area and massage gently for 10 minutes.
- Let it dry and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- You can use this scrub once or twice in a week for removing dead skin cells.
Scrub#5: Sugar and olive oil
Sugar and olive oil prove to be a good scrub for the skin as sugar removes the dead skin cells and olive oil nourishes the skin.
- Take half cup of sugar and 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of honey and little lemon juice to this mixture.
- Massage this mixture gently on your face and neck area in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
- Use this scrub twice in a week for a blemish free skin.
Scrub#6: Green tea
Green tea gives a clear complexion and keeps skin healthy
Green tea bags can be recycled into a homemade scrub as it has a rough texture which helps in exfoliating the skin well. It also helps in giving a clear complexion and makes skin healthy.
- Take the content of 1 to 2 tea bags in a bowl and add 2-3 tbsp of honey to it.
- Add 1 tbsp of baking soda to this mixture and form a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it remain there for 10 minutes.
- Gently scrub off the mask after 10 minutes.
- Use this mask once a week for a clear and healthy skin
Scrub#7: Gram Flour
Gram flour is an effective exfoliator which helps in removing dead skin cells which gives glow to your skin.
- Mix 2 tbsp of gram flour and few drops of rosewater to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck area and let it dry.
- Scrub it on your face in circular motion and wash with lukewarm water.
Scrub#8: Avocado Seed
Avocado seed takes away dirt and impurities of the skin
Avocado pulp is widely used to make face masks and its seed is used as an exfoliator for the skin. It helps in removing excessive dirt and impurities from the skin.
- Wash few avocado seeds and remove the brown skin from them.
- Grind them to form a powder. Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil and honey to this powder.
- Gently rub this mixture all over on your face and neck area in circular motions.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash off with plain water.
- Use this scrub once a week for a clear skin.
Exfoliation gives you blemish free skin
Mrs. Divya Sharma is an avid writer with a vast experience of almost 15 years in writing career. She did her MA in English from IGNOU along with Diploma course in Journalism from YMCA, New Delhi. She has worked as a Content Manager with Times Of India, Noida for 10 years. Writing is her passion and she tries to give her best every time she writes on any given topic. Writing articles on home remedies is her area of interest and she has gained immense knowledge by writing and researching a lot in this field.