Who wouldn’t love pink lips? It enhances your beauty after all! Are you feeling bad that you’ve got dark lips and envy the ones who have got them naturally? Fret no more! You have come to the right place because in this article I will list down few home remedies to lighten dark lips naturally.
Please keep in mind:
- Cut down on bad habits like smoking, this could lead to the discoloration of your lips.
- Dehydration could also be a reason for the dark coloration of your lips.
- Exposing your lips to UV sunrays will also cause the natural color of your lips to fade away. Ensure you always use a good sun screen lotion.
- Too much consumption of caffeine in the form of tea, coffee and other beverages can also lead to dark lips.
Remedy #1 Sugar Scrub:
- Works as an excellent scrub and removes away dead cells present on your skin.
- You can make this sugar scrub by combining a spoon of butter and sugar.
- Try this scrub every night before you sleep to get lighter lips.
Remedy #2 Homemade Scrub:
- Mix some turmeric with milk.
- Wet your lips using water.
- Apply this onto your lips. You can also use a soft brush to scrub.
- Do this for around 2-3 minutes and be gentle on your skin.
- Wash it off and then apply some lip balm.
Remedy #3 Lemon juice:
- Lemon is known for its bleaching properties.
- This is a very effective way to lighten dark lips.
- Squeeze a lemon and massage this juice over your lips.
- Follow this every night and you can see that your lips will get a lighter tone naturally.
Remedy #4 Lemon, Sugar Lip Scrub:
- Mix some sugar, with lemon juice and a drop of coconut oil.
- Use this as a scrub and gently massage it onto your lips.
- You can also store this mixture for a long time in the freezer.
- The sugar will remove dead cells, and lemon will help in lightening your lip color.
Remedy #5 Honey:
- After lemon, honey is the next best thing that could be used to treat lips that have turned dark with time and external factors.
- Apply honey all over your lips and let it dry.
- This will moisturize, lighten and also give a pinkish soft glow to your lips.
Remedy #6 Beetroot:
- Beetroot has a deep purple ingredient which has natural property to reduce the darkness of your lips.
- Squeeze out some liquid from beetroot and apply it over your lips.
- As an alternative, you can add some coconut oil to beetroot juice, freeze it and then apply this everyday onto your lips.
- This will give a pink glow on your lips and also will act as a natural lip balm.
- Same goes with strawberry, you can mash it up with some petroleum jelly or coconut oil, freeze it and then use it as a lip balm.
Remedy #7 Raspberry Scrub:
- These contain essential minerals and vitamins which will make your lips vibrant and bubbly.
- Mash some raspberry, add aloe Vera and pure honey to it.
- Massage this onto your lips and wash it off.
- This will enhance the natural shine on your lips and give it a pink color.
Remedy #8 Olive oil:
- Apply some olive oil onto your lips every night before you go to sleep.
- This will soften your lips and give a natural glow to them.
That’s about it my lovely friends, if you’re bothered about your dark lips and want to lighten them naturally, follow the remedies I have mentioned above. Let me know any difference you have felt after trying or if you have something more to add. It would be my pleasure to hear your stories! Please like and share this article among your friends. Have a great day!