What is Pelvic Pain?
Pelvic pain happens generally in the lower stomach area. The pain may be enduring, or it may travel every which way. On the off chance that the pain is extreme, it may impede your everyday exercises. Its prevalence is more common in women than in men because females are more susceptible to this condition due to occurence of majority of risk factors in them.
In case you’re a lady, you may feel a dull pain amid your period. It could likewise happen amid sex. Pelvic pain can be an indication that there is an issue with one of the organs in your pelvic range, for example, the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix or vagina. It could likewise be an indication of contamination, or an issue with the urinary tract, lower insides, rectum, muscle or bone. In case you’re a man, the cause is regularly an issue with the prostate.
You may need to experience a lot of medicinal tests to discover the reason for the pain. The treatment will rely on upon the cause, how awful the pain is and how regularly it happens.
What are the Symptoms of Pelvic Pain?
They are majority of symptoms which imply that they is occurence of chronic pelvic pain. The following are the symptoms of pelvic pain.
- Severe menstrual cramps
- Menstrual and abdominal pain
- Spotting, any other discharge, bleeding of vagina
- Severe pain or discomfort while urinating
- Blockage or looseness of the bowels
- Bloating or gas in the body
- Blood is seen with a defecation
- Pain amid sex
- Fever or chills and abdominal cramps
- Pain in the hip region
- Pain in the crotch region
What are the Risk Factors of Pelvic Pain?
They are many underlying diseases which causes pelvic pain in an individual. I have mentioned some causes which occur in both men and women.
- An infected appendix
- Irritable bowel disease
- Bladder disorder
- Diseases which get transmitted during sex
- Stones in kidney
- Intestinal clutters
- Nerve damage
- Pelvis condition
- Broken region of pelvis
- Psychogenic disorder
Some Causes Which Occur Only in Women are Given Below
- Complications during pregnancy
- Unsuccessful labor
- Pelvic Syndrome
- Ovulating individual
- Menstrual pain
- Cysts in the Ovary or other ovarian issues
- Endometric disorder
- Cancer of uterus
- Cervical malignancy
- Damage of the placenta
- Thrombosis of pelvic vein
How Can One Diagnose the Cause of Pelvic Pain
To know the exact cause of pelvic pain they are majority of tests performed which include:
Urinalysis and blood tests
- Pregnancy tests and ultrasound scanning.
- Culture test of vagina and penile region to know whether the underlying cause is due to sexually transmitted disease, which causes gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- X-rays of abdomen and pelvic region.
- Determining the density of bone through screening.
- Laparoscopy is done to have a direct look at stomach and pelvic region .
- To analyze the uterus by performing Hysteroscopy.
- Stool examination to examine any traces of blood in feces.
- Endoscopy of lower region of abdomen (insertion of a lit tube to inspect within the rectum and part or the majority of the colon) .
- Ultrasound screening (test that utilizations sound waves to give pictures of inside organs)
- CT scan of the stomach area and pelvis.
Management of Pelvic Pain
Management of pelvic pain is a complex process because the treatment of the pelvic pain depends on the underlying conditions which determines the pain in the pelvic region. Let’s go through pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic approaches to get relieve from the pain.
- Pelvic pain can be treated with painkillers and analgesics which provide quick and symptomatic relief from the pelvic pain.
- Use of over the counter medications like acetaminophen or nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs like ibugesic, aspirin and ibuprofen provide relieve from the mild to moderate pain which helps in reducing muscle stiffness, inflammation while relieving the pain in the muscles.
- If OTC medications do not work then physicians prescribe anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs and also muscle relaxants. If symptoms still persist then IV administration of steroid is beneficial which short term course of pain killers. This steroid injection provide immediate relief from pain and inflammation of joints.
- Topical treatment is also preferred like ointments, pain reliever sprays and also creams
- Birth control pills, gonadotropin-releasing hormone injections, or progestin-releasing intrauterine devices are also helpful relieving pain due to menstruation and endometric disorder.
- Daily Exercise and healthy diet drastically improve the condition of chronic sufferers of pelvic pain.
- Acupuncture and stimulating nerve therapies are also beneficial in treating the condition.
- Biofeedback and relaxation exercises help in coping with the psychogenic pain.
- Massage in the affected area and also the strengthening of muscles improves the strength of the pelvic region.
- Avoid consumption of caffeine
- Do not take naps between your regular sleep pattern because it will weakens body strength.
- Stay active perform exercises regularly like cycling, swimming, and aerobics.
- Increase intake of vitamin B and magnesium in your diet.