Top Home Remedies to Get Rid Dandruff
So you’re all dressed up in that black gown and you look raunchy and hot as ever. Your boyfriend comes up to you holds you in his arms and runs his finger over your hair. Argh, you see snowflakes fall i.e. dandruff. Quite embarrassing right? To top it, you also feel itchy. Would you love to get rid of this naturally?
What causes dandruff and how to treat it!
Dandruff is caused due to:
- Excess oil leads to itchy scalp.
- Dirt and pollution can stick easily on oily hair.
- Use less oil and shampoo more often.
- Shampoo regularly to remove the dirt and pollutants.
- If there is a history of skin disorder in your family then it’s time to look forward and treat it.
- Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes dandruff.
- Fungus also on scalp can cause dandruff. Shampoo your hair regularly to get rid of skin eczema.
- Include green vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet.
- Ensure you have a healthy diet to stop dandruff.
How to Cure Dandruff?
1. Marigold and coconut oil (to cure scalp infection)
- Boil coconut oil and add marigold flowers to it (only petals)
- Add some camphor to it and let it cool.
- Apply this to your scalp regularly to treat dandruff.
- You could also use some tea tree oil.
2. Fenugreek mask (For initial stages of dandruff)
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water over night.
- Grind it in a blender next morning, add 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to it (optional)
- Wash it off with cold water after half an hour.
3. Gram powder and olive oil (For excessive dandruff)
- Take some moong dal powder, add 2 tbsp. of curd and olive oil to it.
- Mix it and apply it to your hair.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
4. Lemon (to avoid itching)
- Apply lemon directly onto scalp.
- You could also combine some oil and fullers earth with lemon juice and apply this as a mask.
- This treats itchy scalp.
5. Aloe Vera (itchy oily scalp)
- Pluck a leaf, cut it into half and extract the gel.
- Apply this gel onto your hair before you wash your hair.
- This smoothens your hair and also treats dandruff.
6.Vinegar or Apple cider (to remove dirt and dandruff)
- Mix equal amounts of vinegar with water and apply it onto scalp using a cotton ball.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
7.Oil Treatment (for nourishment)
- Use olive oil or coconut oil to treat dandruff.
- Massage your hair with one of these oils and then wrap a warm towel around your head. Be gentle and use your fingertips to massage.
- This gives nourishment to your hair and scalp and also treats dandruff.
- Apply curd onto your hair and massage gently.
- You could also add some olive oil into this.
- Wash it off with cold water after 20 minutes.
9.Neem to get rid of dandruff
- Also called as Indian lilac, it is a good antiseptic and has anti-fungal properties.
- It also reduces scalp infection and helps one get rid of itchy scalp.
- Boil some neem leaves in water and strain the solution.
- Wash your hair with this solution. For better results use it twice in a week.
- Apply baking soda directly onto wet hair.
- Rinse your hair with water after 20 minutes.
- Don’t shampoo after this treatment.
- Crush some garlic or you could boil garlic in some base oil.
- Extract the juice and rub it over your hair.
- Shampoo after 20 minutes. This eliminates dandruff causing bacteria.
- Wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
- Rinse hair with some mouthwash (it contains alcohol). Use a regular conditioner afterwards.
- This will prevent yeast and dandruff causing bacteria from growing.