10 Health Benefits of Green Tea
I weigh more than I should.
Damn, one of my colleague suggested I should start drinking green tea because it’ll promote weight loss. One fine morning, I decide to brew my tea, ah the aroma. It was strong and drew me in. One sip is all that I had, which made me feel pukish! Trust me green tea taste sucks, for the first timers at least. But as days passed by I noticed very good changes in my body, the metabolism, my skin tone everything seemed to improve positively.
I think all of you must go ahead and include green tea in your daily routine and bring a change in your life.
Benefit #1: Packed with Bioactive Compounds that Improve Health
- Green tea is packed with flavonoids and catechins which are powerful antioxidants.
- Green tea reduces the formation of free radicals in the body and thus prevents premature cell damage, aging and mutation of cells.
- Prevents and kills disease causing agents / foreign bodies.
- It’s a super liquid which is going to make you feel awesome.
Benefit #2: Packed with Ingredients which will make you Smarter
- Green tea is packed with caffeine which acts as a stimulant.
- It tingles your nervous system, and improves various aspects related to your brain – improves mood, vigilance, memory and makes you smarter.
- It has ingredients (theanine) which has anti-anxiety properties.
- It acts as a stress reliever by increasing the dopamine content in your brain.
- Green tea is a very healthy alternative to coffee since it has many benefits.
- People have claimed they have been more productive.
Benefit #3: Packed with Ingredients which help in Fat Burning and Improve Metabolism
- Green tea increases metabolism, and also acts as a catalyst to the fat burning process.
- However it depends on an individual and the way his body reacts.
- For some 5 glasses of green tea everyday will help in the fat burning process and for few maybe 2 or less.
- In a study that was conducted by people who had green tea in their regular diet and the ones who didn’t , the former seemed to have lost weight compared to the latter in their waist region, belly and abdominal region.
- Many have claimed however that they feel better after they’ve included green tea in their diet.
Benefit #4: Packed with Ingredients which will Lower the Risk of Various Types of Cancer
- Cancer is caused due to cell mutation and abnormal growth of cells.
- Green tea has powerful antioxidants which reduces breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer.
- Please keep in mind it may be a bad idea to add milk to your tea because it’ll reduce the antioxidant value.
Benefit #5: Packed with Ingredients which will Reduce your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- As people grow old, they may get various diseases like dementia, memory loss and so on.
- Alzheimer’s is a neurodegenerative disease in humans and a leading cause of dementia. Parkinson’s is also another brain related disease which causes the death of dopamine producing neurons.
- So fret no more when you enter old age, because green tea is going to guard your brain and ensure it functions properly.
Benefit #6: Packed with Ingredients which will kill Bacteria, Improve your Dental Health and Risk of Infection
- Green tea can help prevent plaque formation and thus prevent cavities and tooth decay.
- Green tea improves dental health and lowers the risk of caries.
- It also kills bacteria, influenza virus and reduces the risk of infections.
- Green tea also helps ward off bad breath.
Benefit #7: Packed with Ingredients which will Lower your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- What type 2 diabetes is? Increase in the blood sugar level in parallel having insulin resistance or the inability to produce insulin.
- Green tea can increase the insulin secretion in your body and thus reduce blood sugar level.
- People who drink green tea on a regular basis have lower risk of becoming diabetics in the long run.
Benefit #8: Packed with Ingredients which will Lower your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart diseases and stroke are the biggest causes of death in the world.
- Cholesterol, bad fat have been found as the culprits.
- Green tea however reduces these from your body and you’re at a lower risk to get a cardiovascular disease.
- With the help of green tea, your longevity is increased and you live a healthier life.
- Please make it a point to include green tea in your regular diet.