Top Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Circles Naturally
Now you can get rid of dark circles naturally with simple steps.
What can cause you dark circles?
(i). Heredity / Genetics:
- Deep set eyes also contribute to dark circles.
- Dark circles can run in the family.
(ii).Thinning Skin and Aging:
- Sun exposure also speeds up this process.
- As you age, you tend to lose the collagen which makes your skin thinner and thus make it darker and they may get permanent with age.
- One can tend to get dark circles as they grow old.
(iii).Fatigue / Lack of sleep:
- Lack of sleep can cause dark circles.
- Ensure that you get good 7-8 hours of sleep everyday.
- These itchy eyes lead to dark circles.
- Allergy and skin infection too can cause dark circles. It could be due to pollen or dust.
(v).Anemia / Iron deficiency:
- Iron deficiency can also be the cause of dark circles.
- Not having enough nutrients can also lead to dark circles.
- Medicines can also lead to dark circles if they cause your blood vessels to dilate which causes skin to become thinner and thus blood flow becomes visible which appears like dark circles.
- Bad habits such as smoking, alcohol consumption can have a toll on your body and lead to dark circles.
- Stress also plays a major role in causing aging and dark circles.
- Dehydration can also lead to dark circles.
- Dark circles may be due to some liver disease.
- Even during pregnancy and menstruation due to lack of iron during those period, women may get dark circles.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes Naturally
These are simple tips and home remedies which will help you in removing or diminishing dark circles naturally.
Have a good night sleep:
One must sleep like a baby if they notice that they’re getting dark circles because a good night’s sleep will help diminish dark circles.
One must get on an average 7-9 hours of sleep to have good health condition.
Smoking and consumption of alcohol are likely to cause insomnia which will affect the quality of your sleep. Try and avoid these things.
Treat allergies at an early stage.
Consult a doctor as soon as you notice an allergy. These could be the reason for dark circles.
Find out if the reason for the allergy is some undetected food allergy or an allergy due to chemicals or if it is due to lack of vitamins.
Eat healthy, balanced diet which includes colorful fruits and vegetables.
Consume food which contains antioxidants in them. You can opt for colorful berries like cranberries, blue berries and so on to help get rid of dark circles.
Consume fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables as a remedy to cure dark circles.
Fish oil supplements also help in the treatment of dark circles.
Reduce salt intake and stay hydrated, this will improve your skin condition and also flush out toxins. Excess salt will cause the body to retain water which can cause puffiness of the eyes and also lead to dark circles.
Stay calm and relaxed.
Staying relaxed and calm helps in reducing stress and in turn leads to a good night’s sleep. Skin is largely affected by sleep and stress.
Blocked nose also leads to dark circles. So get your nose congestion cleared.
Few home remedies to cure dark circles.
Keep brewed green tea bags under your eye. Green tea contains tannin which will reduce puffiness and discoloration.
Slice a cucumber and place those under your eyes. This will make you feel refreshed and also help in reducing the discoloration.
Potato has natural bleaching agents which help in lightening the skin. Place pureed potato under your skin and let it dry and then wash it off. Follow this for a month and notice that the dark region will start diminishing.
Dip a cotton ball in rose water and place under your eyes for 10 minutes to remedy your dark circles.
Always moisturize the skin that’s underneath your eyes. You can also massage some almond oil onto your eyes before you go to sleep.
- Drinking too much of fluids before bedtime, as it can add to bags under your eyes because of water retention there.
- Avoid stepping out without a sunscreen. This will help in preventing dark circles under your eyes. Wear sunglasses to protect the skin underneath your eyes from melanin changes and prevent dark circles.
- Stop the habit of rubbing your eyes because this can inflame the skin and break capillaries underneath causing dark circles.