Abdominal Pain When Coughing
Stomach pain is an exceptionally regular symptom and is connected with an extensive variety of infirmities. The power of the stomach pain too differs from it being gentle stomach pain to serious agonizing intense pain. The way of pain extends from the spasm like pain, summed up pain everywhere throughout the mid-region or at some point confined pain, which is restricted to a specific region. Moreover, there might be some related indications, while there are a few exercises that may decline the pain.
Abdominal pain is common problem which occurs in almost every individual due to skipping of meals or due to over eating or due to menstrual cramps and this type of abdominal pain does not need medical assessment as it gets cured on its own but if someone complains about abdominal pain while coughing then there is an underlying disease condition which is causing the pain. Moreover, it depends on the intensity of pain like acute or chronic, activities which cause increase in the pain, severity of pain and also kind of pain which might be strong, sharp, crushing and cramping pain. It can be determined through diagnostic tests and thorough assessment of history of patient’s illness.
Causes Of Abdominal Pain When Coughing
Abdominal pain results from many underlying disease condition and sometimes damage to the tissues or organ system of the body causes intense pain in the abdomen and results in strained muscles of the abdomen which get ached while coughing. Most of the common causes of abdominal pain are:
- Improper digestion or constipation.
- Colon disorders and acid reflux.
- Peptic ulcers.
- Irritable Bowel Disease.
- Gastrointestinal tract disease.
- It also occurs during pregnancy and other disorders of the reproductive system.
- Infection or trauma to the abdominal wall.
- Rupture of blood vessels.
- Obstruction in the intestinal blood flow.
- Liver disorder
- Kidney disorder
- Viral infection.
- Abdominal Wall: Pain in abdominal wall results from Herpes or strain in the nerve or muscle trauma or it can result from disease like diabetes where there is involvement of nerves. So, this pain can be dull aching to severe sharp pain because of the activities like coughing, standing for too long, sneezing and lifting of heavier objects causes more pressure on the abdominal wall.
- Hernia- A hernia occurs due to pushing of an organ through an opening in a tissue or muscle that backings it. While hernia can happen in different regions, they are normal in the midriff, when stomach viscera or inner organs attempt to push out from an opening or powerless musculature in the stomach wall. The basic sorts are hiatal hernia (some portion of stomach pushes up through the stomach), umbilical hernia (regular in children, when a portion of digestive system projects close umbilical), incisional hernia (some portion of entrails may swell through a stomach tissue or entry point scar after stomach surgery). This causes pain in belly particularly on coughing, crying or lifting weight as these exercises increment intra-stomach weight and causes the pushing parts to swell. Harm brought about amid surgery, innate imperfections of stomach wall and continuous coughing can prompt or shortcoming of stomach wall and increase the pain.
- Other Organs pain – Stomach pain when coughing can regularly be a consequence of disarranged of the inner organs in the stomach cavity. The area of the pain and the related manifestations are vital to distinguish the organ contribution and the conceivable conditions. For instance, pain underneath the breastbone might be because of heartburn, indigestion, peptic ulcer infection, and so on. Pain on the right upper side might be from nerve bladder or liver ailment, while pain on the left side could start from the spleen. Pain in right lower side can be an infected appendix or colon deterrent. In ladies pelvic organs ought to be considered. In young men testicular torsion or related conditions ought to be assessed.
Diagnostic tests for Abdominal Pain when Coughing
- It can be examined by performing bowel sounds examination, pulsation of abdomen, blood pressure and pulse rate.
- Tests are also done to know the tenderness of muscles during a hernia.
- Lab tests include X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound tests.
- GI endoscopy, laparoscopy, colonoscopy are also performed.
Treatment for Abdominal Pain when Coughing
Treating abdominal pain when coughing widely depends on the underlying cause of the pain and need for medical emergency. It can be treated with over the counter medications or by seeing a physician and following his treatment plan. If the condition persist or if it gets intensified then there is a need to consider surgery. They should also be change in lifestyle by following healthy diet and regular exercise can also improve the condition.
Home Remedies For Abdominal Pain when Coughing
They are certain home remedies which provide symptomatic relief from abdominal pain while coughing.
- Baking soda has antacid property as it provides quick relief from heartburn and abdominal.
- Use Hot Water pack and place it over aching area.
- Apple acts as a good dietary fibre which relief from pain.
- Cinnamon decoction also provide great relief as it has anti-oxidant property.
- Ginger tea provide relief from abdominal pain due to constipation as it helps in easily passing the stools.