10 Top Healthy Ways to Look young
Who wouldn’t love to age gracefully?
Imagine people finding it hard to believe that you’re actually old and they mistake you for being a teenager or a young beautiful woman in your twenties!
What you age into, what you become few years down the lane is by taking few steps today. You’re building your old age now! Being young makes one feel good and stay happy, after all age is just a number isn’t it?
So what’s the secret into aging gracefully?
Secret #1: Good Genes
If you’re lucky you’ll be blessed with good genes which will actually make you look younger than you actually are. If not you can always follow few things which will ensure you’ll age beautifully.
Secret #2: Use a Sunscreen
- Remember to never step out without applying your sunscreen lotion.
- Carry an umbrella or a scarf to protect yourself from the heat if needed.
- Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen all over your face, neck and arms even if it’s a cloudy day because UV rays will still enter and damage your skin.
- Always invest in a good sun block cream (spf 30).
Secret #3: Workout
- Workout every single day because this will increase the blood flow and help maintain your skin texture and in weight management.
- Simple workout at home like plunges, sit ups and pushups is more than enough, it’s not necessary to hit the gym.
- It reduces your stress and also tones your muscles.
- It also improves your immune system and thus you fall ill less often.
- This way you’ll look way younger and appear fit.
Secret #4: Maintain your Weight
- Stay at a healthy weight which is good for your body type.
- Don’t keep swinging between thin and thick. Instead maintain your body weight throughout.
- Follow strict diet plans and workout plans.
- Stay hydrated always.
- Include green tea in your diet, it has very good antioxidant properties which helps in maintaining weight.
Secret #5: Diet Wisely
- Avoid junk.
- The rule is simple, eat food which you cook from scratch.
- Know your ingredients, avoid starchy food which contains preservatives and artificial ingredients.
- Instead go for organic food which is void of sugar and other chemicals.
- Avoid fried, fatty junk food, instead include lots of healthy fats like fish, avocado and healthy nuts.
- Go grocery shopping all by yourself and handpick the best fruits and vegetables.
Secret #6: Rest
- Ensure you have enough rest.
- Sleep for 7- 8 hours.
- Give up on alcohol and smoking, instead stay happy by doing things which make you happy: Reading a book, painting a picture.
- Don’t overwork, no one’s gonna remember your presentation someday. Spend quality time with your loved ones.
Secret #7: Moisturize
- Moisturize your skin every single day.
- You must also exfoliate your skin. Use loofahs or body scrubs so that you can remove off the dead cells from your body.
- You could use olive oil or coconut oil to massage into your skin before you step into your shower.
- This will ensure your skin won’t appear chapped and dry and there won’t be any visible fine lines which indicate dry skin.
Secret #8: Stay Happy
- Find out what you love doing and pursue it.
- Happiness is the key, when you glow it shows on your face.
- Stay away from things which stress you out, rather be with people who bring out the best in you.
- Be vibrant, be unique and weird.
- Remember growing old is mandatory buy growing up is optional. Stay childlike and be happy for all the good things that have ever happened to you.
Secret #9: Take Care of your Teeth
- Brush and floss every single day.
- Visit your dentist every once in a while to ensure that you don’t have any gum diseases or teeth problems.
- Ensure you perform a regular clean up and get braces if required at an early age.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months and invest on a good oral mouthwash.
- Avoid sweets and chocolates at the odd hour in the night so that you won’t be giving any opportunity for tooth decay.
- Avoid carbonated acidic drinks.
Secret #10: Dress up
- Pay attention to how you look.
- Wear clothes which make you look beautiful and is trendy at the same time.
- Discuss with your hairstylist and play around with your hair and the hair color.
- If you notice there’s hair thinning then you can probably go ahead and get a bob cut and color your hair too to hide off the gray hair!
- Remember to apply makeup which will complement your skin tone.
- It must enhance your looks, go for soothing colors.
- Stay away from harsh chemicals, don’t frequently change your hair texture by straightening, curling it to heating it. This will only damage your hair follicles.