Keep your Liver Hale and Healthy:
Liver, one of the largest organs of the body, does a lot of things which we are not aware of. Liver plays a crucial role in keeping us hale and healthy. The main function of the liver is to detoxify the body. It removes impurities and cleans the blood. Unhealthy liver is the cause of many diseases like obesity, indigestion, immunity, etc. If you want to keep your liver hale, you have to see a few such foods which clean the liver given below.
10 Super Foods to keep your Liver Hale and Healthy:
- Beet Roots: The dark reddish color vegetable contains high amounts of Glutathione. It is a protein which cleans livers and makes it work properly.
- Carrots: Carrots contains beta-carotene and liver converts this beta-carotene into Vitamin-A.
Both, carrot and beets, work wonders for liver due to presence of high content of flavonoids and beta-carotene. So include these vegetables in your diet and consume on regular basis. Additionally, we have a fiber named pectin in these foods, which helps in bringing down the cholesterol levels of the blood.
If you find difficulty in consuming raw beets and carrots, then go for juicing or make a salad with other vegetables.
- Garlic: We can find garlic in each and every kitchen of household. Many might have neglected garlic due to its pungent smell. It contains high amounts of sulfur; know for removing impurities from body. Garlic also cleans liver due to presence of phyto-nutrients like selenium and allicin. Next time when you see this garlic, don’t neglect to eat them. It is advisable to have raw garlic, because heating hampers its nutritional benefits.
- Grapefruit: It is said to have 70 percent Glutathione; along with good amount of pectin and other anti-oxidants. Regular consumption of grapefruit keeps all the toxins at bay that degrades our health.
- Lemons: It contains high amount of vitamin – c. Vitamin – c helps in improving overall immunity by cleaning liver. Lemon helps in producing enzymes in liver, which aids in detoxification. Add fresh lemon juice to a glass of water and drink in the early morning to have a refreshing day. Moreover, lemon and honey together decreases cholesterol and helps in proper circulation of blood. Lemons are available in plenty, i.e., they are available across all grocery stores, markets, retail stores etc.
- Green Tea: As we all know that green tea contains high anti-oxidants that just flushes out all impurities from the body and helps liver in performing it activities properly.
- Spinach: Raw spinach has high amounts of Glutathione and iron. It contains 166 mg of Glutathione per serving. But, it is better to consume raw spinach, i.e., by juicing. Spinach keeps liver healthy and is good for eyesight and hair. As it contains high iron content, whichs keeps anemia at bay.
- Avocados: Most of the Indians might not have eaten Avocados, because there are not easily available in Indian markets. They are seen in super markets, stores, etc. These contain huge amounts of glutathione and monosaturated fats that help in cleaning liver and also reduce cholesterol in blood respectively. So, next time when you come across Avocados, don’t forget to pick them.
- Turmeric: Popularly known as Haldi in India. Turmeric has been used in India since decades and is said to have many medicinal properties. Indians use turmeric in almost every dish they prepare. It is specially consumed along with milk. It cleans the liver by helping in the formation of the enzyme Glutathione and moreover plays a crucial role in formation of new liver cells.
- Apples: There is a famous saying that ‘’an apple a day keeps the doctor away’’. And it is true in every aspect. It has good amounts of pectin and helps in absorption of nutrients from intestine. It reduces the workload of liver by purifying impurities from body and keeps liver hale and healthy.